A40 Llanddewi Velfrey to Penblewin Improvement
- Preparation of legal orders and public inquiry
- Bypass or realignment for use by all traffic
- £ 50m
- Welsh Assembly Government
- Region: Wales
- Welsh Assembly
- 4 km
- 2 miles
Reconstruction of a two-mile section of the A40 in West Wales to provide a high quality single two-lane road.
The aim of this scheme is to provide better overtaking opportunities on a narrow and winding section of the A40, and thus improve safety. The scheme will also include a bypass for the village of Llanddewi Velfrey.
- Official website
- Welsh Government: A40 Llanddewi Velfrey to Penblewin
Other schemes on the A40
CBRD also has details on the following road schemes happening on the A40.
- A40 Wolvercote Roundabout Improvement Junction improvement
With thanks to Michael Pritchard for information on this page.
This scheme was last updated on 26 May 2012.